Sunday, July 3, 2011

La Primera Semana!!!

Hola everyone! Wow it is hard to believe that we have already been at the Rancho El Camino for a whole week.  So much has happened!! The first few days we were just relaxing. We went to the beach to snorkel, hung out on the ranch, went horseback riding, and went to the Malacon (the boardwalk downtown La Paz).  Delaney, Colby and I went rollerblading with Frank (another intern) and Sam Gatto.  It was fun but scary because we had to watch out for all the people walking!  Wednesdy through Saturday we worked on chores around the ranch and taking care of the animals or whatever Peter wanted us to do.  We normally work from 8 am to 1 pm and then we hang out until after dinner when we do our Bible study.Today we went to El Faro (the lighthouse) church.   I really enjoyed the spanish songs and I was surprised at how much of the service I could uderstand.  After church the locals gave us tomales and tried to speak to us in English!! It was really fun. I miss everyone a lot, but I love serving God here on the Ranch!!

Love, Katie

3 comments:

  1. Hey Girls and Colby! I'm loving seeing your updates...keep 'em coming! I'm thinking of and praying for you guys. LOVE YOU ALL! :) Eat some tacos for me please! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Katie, Colby, Meg, and Delaney,
    I pray you all will be bold in using your Spanish skills, you guys do know a lot!! I love you guys and your hearts to serve! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to hear that things are going well! We think of each of you several times a day and pray for you often. We enjoy hearing all of the details of your day...so proud of each of you!
    Love,
    Grandma and Grandpa Getz

    ReplyDelete