Thursday, June 30, 2011

There is Always a Reason

Wow! I can't believe that we have been in La Paz for 5 days already! It feels like we have been here multiple weeks. We have built relationships with the Gatto's and the other interns and also have builded upon our relationship with God in this short amount of time.
God ceases to amaze me. He is pushing me mentally, physically and spiritually on the Ranch. In the beginning of the trip, I was convinced that being on the ranch was a mistake and that God wanted me to have gone to work crew which is working at a YoungLife camp for 3ish weeks. I felt vulnreable and I didn't know why God wanted me here. I knew that He wanted me at work crew, so this was obviously a mistake and I had disobeyed God. What a horrible feeling it is to know that you have disobeyed God. But work at the ranch still needed to be done, so I brushed this off and kept focused on serving Him... until last night's devotion time. Peter was talking and he said that everyone is here for a reason and it is no mistake that we are here. God wanted me at the ranch for a reason and putting me here was not a mistake. Peter said that we are all apart of the plan for redemption and eternity. That God wants to use me, plain and ordinary Meg Schmalandt, to change eternity. How crazy is that? Crazy doesn't even put come close to how- ugh! There are now words to describe that! God wants to use ordinary people to change the world! How awesome is that! He chose us to do his work and wherever we land is not by mistake but for a reason. Wherever we go, whether it's to the coffee shop down the street or to school or to Turkey or the Baja, that it is for a reason and God wants us there to change eternity. My mind is completely baffled by that but it's so amazing. Wow.

Well sorry that there now pictures, but there will be coming soon. Thank you so much for your support and prayers. We all have been getting a lot of messages about prayer requests so here are some of them:
-Tomorrow is our first team, so that we would be able to get along with them and get a routine going with them.
-Next week when we go to Marcus de Leon, that we would be able to show them a lot of love.
-To continue growing our relationships with the Gatto's, the other interns, and all of the other people we meet. That we would be able to show God's love to everyone.

Con much amor,
Meg

3 comments:

  1. Awesome Meg! Thanks for the update. Tell everyone I say hi and that you all will do fine with the teams, they'll love you. Keep posting. God has you there to do big things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delaney -
    We want to let you know that we are praying for you and your intern friends. We love you very much and are so proud of you.
    Love,
    G'ma and Poppie Phillips

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delaney - Please read your emails about your phone.

    ReplyDelete